IELTS vocabulary spoken English Booster 050919
IELTS vocabulary Spoken English, These words are indispensable for IELTS Examination.
… These words will greatly impact your IELTS Score. You will be able to impress your examiner with these words in Writing and Speaking Tests.
Feather: (पंख) feather, wing, fin, plume, pinna, sail
Noun. feather (plural feathers) A branching, hair-like structure that grows on the bodies of birds, used for flight, swimming, protection, and display.
Felicitate: अति प्रसन्न करना welcome, compliment, pass the time of day, felicitate, commemorate
Verb: congratulate (the award winner was felicitated by the cultural association)
- The winners were felicitated and given the awards by the state minister, in the presence of the great veteran cinema actor and a group of artists.
Confer: प्रदान करना provide, confer, endue, bestow, endow, supply
Verb: grant or bestow (a title, degree, benefit, or right). have discussions; exchange opinions.
- This may confer an added benefit on women, whose families may be reluctant to let them study overseas.
Mettle: उत्साह, क्षमता enthusiasm, prompting, zeal, euphoria, rapture, mettle
Verb: a person’s ability to cope well with difficulties or to face a demanding situation in a spirited and resilient way.
- the team showed their true mettle in the second half
- This woman of steel has proved her mettle many a time, in her feisty battle with the judiciary and opposition.
Stride: छलाँग prance, pounce, skip, development, progress, improvement, advancement, increase
Noun: a long, decisive step. (he crossed the room in a couple of strides)
a step or stage in progress toward an aim.
Verb: walk with long, decisive steps in a specified direction. (he strode across the road)
- The titans of the computer industry stride the media heavens.
Hearse: शववाहन catafalque
Noun: a vehicle for conveying the coffin at a funeral.
- Firetrucks, ambulances, hearses and the vehicles of law enforcement officers on duty are also allowed unhindered passage.
he couldn’t help thinking that the whole thing was meant to be taken as a snub
he snubbed faculty members and students alike
- To climb on-board, technicians snub the rambunctious radar flyer with strategically laced ropes.
- It was the swankiest house in the village and a snub to their disapproving relatives.
they fought to prevent his extradition to the US
- First, on the opening page of the chapter, there is a reference to deportation, not extradition
- they fought to prevent his extradition to the US
- extradition warrant