ce-to-face, informal discussion with an IELTS examiner, and is the same for both Academic and General Training. The test is divided into 3 parts and is designed to test your pronunciation, fluency, grammar and vocabulary
Reading is the second part of the IELTS test, and takes 60 minutes. It consists of three or sometimes four reading passages of increasing difficulty, and there is a total of 40 questions to answer in this test.
The Writing test takes 60 minutes. There are two tasks to complete. … Responses must be given on the Writing Answer Sheet and must be written in full. Notes are not acceptable as answers. Responses to both tasks must be written.
The IELTS Listening test will take about 30 minutes, and you will have an extra 10 minutes to transfer your answers to the answer sheet. … Listen to the instructions for each section of the test carefully. Answer All.
In IELTS, there are four papers: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. There are two different IELTS modules: Academic and General Training. The Speaking and Listening tests are the same in both modules, but the Reading and Writing tests are different.
Which IELTS module should I take?
- IELTS Academic is perfect if you want to pursue a Bachelor’s or a postgraduate degree program or seek professional registration in the UK. …
- IELTS General Training is probably best for you if you want to study below degree level, or you want to work and/or emigrate to the UK or another English-speaking country.
What is IELTS exam pattern?
The IELTS test consists of four sections: speaking, listening, reading and writing. You will always take the listening, reading and writing parts all on the same day one after the other, with no breaks between them.
What are the different types of IELTS?
IELTS has two types: IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training. Both tests assess your English language skills in listening, reading, writing, and speaking. Read below to find out more information on each test.
How can I prepare for ielts at home?
- and the test format. Familiarise yourself with the format of the test by reviewing the test content, as well as the question and task types for each section. …
- IELTS sample questions. …
- IELTS Progress Check – official practice test. …
- Official IELTS practice materials. …
- Consider a preparation course.