March 1, 2020 at 2:40 pm / by PV
/ comments (0)
You should say:
- Where you were?
- When it was?
- Who you were with?
- explain why were you excited?
- I am person who easily gets excited and disappointed.
- Even small things like watching a new movie in cinema or going out to restaurant gets me excited.
- But here I would like to talk about something that made me really, really excited.
- It was the time when I went to an amusement park with my niece and nephew.
- My niece and nephew live in Canada and they visit India very rarely.
- Two years ago, they had come to India with my sister for the summer vacations.
- They love going to amusement park but because of summer heat I didn’t want to take them.
- It was a really hot summer and the temperatures were touching 40-45 degree Celsius.
- I was feeling very upset that I had to turn down their requests for taking them to the park every day.
- But one night it rained, and the temperatures came down a bit.
- I decided I would get no better opportunity and so I immediately booked the entry tickets to the park online for the next day.
- But I wanted to surprise my niece and nephew and thus I didn’t tell them that we were going to the park.
- On the journey as well I kept them busy talking with me and hence, they never noticed that we were going there.
- I was excited because I knew how thrilled they would be once we reached the park and they were elated.
- They never expected it and it came as a huge surprise.
- For the whole day, we tried different rides.
- My nephew is a bit young and he was afraid, but my nine-year-old niece wanted to try rides even I was bit afraid of.
- In the evening, they both gave a huge hug and thanked me for the surprise.
- I can never express how I felt then.
- I can just say that it was one of most memorable days of my life.
- I am planning for another such surprise when they visit me next time.
Part 3 – Follow up Questions
- Which personal events do people usually celebrate?
People celebrate personal events like birthdays, marriage anniversaries and even days of personal achievements like scoring good scores in a test or doing well on a work project. People also celebrate festivals like Christmas, Diwali, Holi and so on.
- How do people celebrate their personal events?
I don’t know what others do but, in my family, we invite friends and family for dinner and spend quality time with each other. Sometimes we go out to restaurants and sometimes we invite people to our home.
- How much time people need to prepare for celebrations?
I think people generally are busy nowadays and for events like birthdays, festivals most people do not spend a lot of time preparing. However, for marriages people even spend weeks preparing as it a once in lifetime kind of a celebration.
- Do you think it is necessary to spend some money on celebrations?
I think celebrations are about sharing our joys and our excitement with each other. They are about spending quality time with each other. So, I don’t think spending money is important. It is about being together and doing fun activities like dancing etc.