Describe a party / describe a party you attended or joined (IELTS Cue Card May to Aug 2019)
Describe a party / describe a party you attended or joined
You should say:
- When was it
- Who joined you?
- What happened in the party
● I have celebrated many parties in my life.
● But here I would like to talk about a birthday party, which I enjoyed a lot
● It was the birthday of my younger brother.
● It was his eighteenth birthday
● I threw a surprise party for him.
● My parents were also with me in this plan.
● We invited a few of his close friends and some relatives.
● After my brother left for college that morning, I decorated our home with buntings and balloons.
● My mother baked and iced the cake.
● Actually she has a gifted hand at cooking and baking.
● I ordered some fritters, spring rolls, sandwiches and pastries for the guests.
● I even organised some games such as musical chairs, treasure hunt and passing the parcel.
● When my brother came home that day, we all were waiting for him.
● We welcomed him by playing the birthday tune.
● Everyone clapped and wished him happy birthday.
● He was really surprised and very happy. I could tell it from his face.
● The he cut the cake and we all enjoyed the cake and snacks
● Then we played the games.
● Everyone enjoyed a lot.
● I gifted a cell phone to my brother.
● He always wanted it but my parents wouldn’t let him buy one.
● I always felt his desperation for the phone, so I had planned to gift him one on his birthday.
● He received many other gifts also but my gift was the most special for him.
● We all danced a lot that day.
● I felt great happiness that day.
● I realised that true happiness lies in giving happiness to others.
● My brother is very dear to me
● May God give him a long and happy life!
Part 3 – Follow Up Questions
1. Do children like to party?
Yes, they do. Party means fun and enjoyment to them. It means new clothes, lots to eat and a chance to dance and make merry.
2. Do adults like to party?
Yes, adults like to party. To adults, it means a time to get together with friends and family. It means having a break from the monotonous routine life. It is a time to recharge one’s batteries.
3. Do you like loud music in party?
No, personally I don’t. It gives me a headache. But most of my friends do. They think that any party is incomplete without loud music.