Describe A City you want to Visit in the Future IELTS CUE CARD
Describe A City you want to Visit in the Future IELTS CUE CARD
IELTS Cue Card
Describe a City you want to visit.
You should say :
- Where is it?
- Why do you want to visit it?
- What do you know about this city?
IELTS Speaking Actual Tests with Answers (Feb-May 2021) | eBook
I have a myriad of destinations on my must-visit list around the world. However, if I get the opportunity to choose one city, I would probably pick London, which is one of the most prominent capitals around the globe. I guess the reason why I desire to visit London has something to do with the fact that ever since I was a kid, I had always been amazed by the gorgeous and unique architecture of London. There are also some interesting facts about London that I want to witness in real life. One of them is the fact about the Big Ben tower. So far, many people see the tall clock tower and think that it is Big Ben. But in fact, Big Ben is a giant thirteen-ton bell inside the tower that is rung every two hours by a two hundred – kilogram hammer. The real name of the Bell is the Great Bell of Westminster. Besides Big Ben, lots of tourists also enjoy visiting Buckingham Palace, which is also extremely appealing to me since it is the home to the Queen of England. Watching the changing of the guard ceremony that takes place in front of the Palace’s gate certainly be exciting. Buckingham Palace is also the second-largest working palace in the world after Brunei’s Istana Nurul Iman. Many other elements are making London so tempting to me and pay this fantastic city a visit in the future. It is one of the items in my wish – list.
- A myriad of something (expression): A large number of something
Eg: The sparkling myriad lights of the city in Diwali was a fantastic sight.
- Must – visit (slang): worth visiting
Eg: Rome is a must-visit place
- Prominent (a): Famous
Eg: There were several prominent poets in the Court of Akbar.
- Around the globe (expression): Around the world
Eg: His job involves traveling around the globe.
- Be Desired to do (Adjective phrase): want to do something very much
Eg: Tom’s grandfather desired to go on a pilgrimage.
- Amaze (v): surprise greatly
Eg: The Odissi dancer amazed the audience.
- Gorgeous (a): Stunning, beautiful
Eg: The night sky was gorgeous
- Witness (v): See in the eyes
Eg: Tom’s grandmother witnessed his reactions to the new medicine
- Hammer (n): tool or device that delivers a blow (a sudden impact) to an object.
Eg: He hit it hard with a hammer
- Extremely (adv): very
Eg: The assignment was extremely difficult
- Appealing (a): attractive
Eg: The new idea of the government seemed appealing to the masses.
- Tempting (a): attractive, appealing
Eg: The chocolate cake looks tempting.
Model Answer 2:
Traveling in historical places always helps expand the realm of knowledge. In fact, this is the way to gain real-life knowledge. So, I love traveling and would like to visit the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt.
This is the largest pyramid among the pyramid complex located at El Giza in Egypt. The pyramid is better known as the Pyramid of Khufu. Moreover, this is one of the oldest Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. This is the only one that has been not been damaged so far. It is known that the pyramid was made by Pharaoh Khufu who belonged to the fourth dynasty of Egypt. The pyramid was built as a royal tomb with a span of 20 years. The pyramid is also famous as it remained as the tallest man-made structure on the planet for a longer time. Egyptologists are of the view that pyramid was made around 2500 BC
Egypt is the country where different mysteries are found and in the current days, the mysteries make the people thrilled. Pyramids are one of the attractive things in the country and have many specialties. The Great Pyramid was made wish casing stones for a smooth outer surface. The pyramid construction is still unknown to all but there are some hypotheses about the construction. The most impressionable hypothesis is that the stones were brought from a quarry by dragging and then those were lifted using some special techniques to be set in their places. But no scientific evidence or explanation has been found yet over the actual construction style. The place is special for another reason – there are three burial chambers inside the pyramid whereas the other pyramids do not have such chambers.
I am a graduate student of history at the Western Sydney University and one of my courses deal with the ancient civilisation. Thereby, I came to know about the past stories of the earth, men, cultures, customs and many other relevant issues. One of the chapters in this course is dealing with the civilisations of Egypt. The chapter is all about the life and living on Egyptian Pharaohs, common people, Nile and the localities near and centring the Nile. A couple of weeks ago, the teacher for History Mr Andrew Smith, started the chapter. Since I was highly interested in ancient history, the chapter attracted me most. Then I took the help of the internet and came to know about many interesting issues about Egypt, Nile and the pyramids.
I have read different interesting information about the pyramids and Egypt. The information has made me curious to visit the place, especially the pyramids. It is known that the emperors (better known as Pharaohs) build the structure as the tomb for them. So, when they died, they were buried inside the burial chamber adorned with precious riches and facilities. The Egyptians believed that the king or emperor may need wealth in the other world. So, they provided the ornaments, precious stones and other wealth. Often they killed the servants to accompany the masters in the other world. They buried the servants with the kings too. Another most interesting factor is the mummification of the dead bodies. They used to preserve the dead bodies in such a way that the bodies remained the same for years and still some of the dead bodies have been found which have not been changed at all. These are highly interesting to me and so I want to visit the pyramids.
Cue Card Topic: Describe a place you would like to visit.
1. Well, there are a good number of places to visit in Tokyo. In fact, I am in love with the populous streets. There are several attractions available including the high-rise tower, the university, public library and the parks. I was wondering if I could spend some days in Tokyo in Japan, and took some help from the internet to know about the place. I also want to visit Tokyo as the people there are very cordial. Earlier, when I came here, I was in a sudden trouble and got immense support from a couple of local people in this city. So, I want to pay another visit here.
2. Hong Kong is a heaven for shoppers. So, I want to visit the city. There are several attractions available here like Victoria Peak, Disney Islands, Peak Tram, Ocean Park and more other places. One of the uncles visited the city in last month and he described the places to me and the other family members. He praised high of the places he visited and people he met. I also came to know about the street markets of the city which sell some adorable products within a reasonable price. Considering all the things, I have made a plan to visit Hong Kong.
3. In Indonesia, Bali is a wonderful place to visit. Some of the major attractions of the islands are the ancient temples, deep blue water, natural beaches and obviously the luxurious hotels. One of my friends recently had their honeymoon trips to the islands. I was amazed at the photos that they posted on their social profile. In fact, I fell in love with the sunrise and the sunset scenes particularly. I also want to click some amazing pictures like them. Besides, I have an attraction to swim in beaches. Therefore, based on all the things, I would like to visit Bali.
4. Green hills are always my favourite and thus, my next destination is in Phuket. This is one of the best Asian destinations ever I have found on the internet. The sea beaches, greenery, large hills, open sky – everything attracts me madly. I want to spend an entire night by the side of a beach and enjoy the moon. I came to know about the place from a recent magazine article. The article described everything naturally. Therefore, I have a plan to visit the place as soon as I can.
5. I have heard the name of Paris many times and thus have planned to visit the city. This is a multicultural city where people from all over the world come and visit annually. The city is most popular for the Eiffel Tower. I have also known that the perfumes available in the city belong to the top class. One of my teachers recently went to Paris for some official business. After his return, he described the city in a magnificent way that I am allured to visit there. Moreover, I also have a plan to make some shopping from the city.
If you can talk about the cue card topic “Describe a place you would like to visit.” you should be able to talk about the following IELTS cue card topics as well:
- Describe a place you had been to.
- Describe a city you would like to visit soon.
- Describe your favourite tourist destination.
- Describe a place where lots of people gather.
- Describe a worth visiting place in your country.
- Describe a famous place you have been to.
- Describe a historical place you want to visit.