Describe a book you recently read
An exciting book you read or a book you read recently
● When you read it
● What type of book is it
● What is it about
● Why did you find it exciting
On a Saturday evening, I was lying down with this book called “ Tell me your dreams” by Sidney Sheldon. Thanks to the maid, who served hot tea.
The book had an irresistible start. Initially, it describes three women, their love life and the mysterious ways in which their lovers are killed. After some time, the plot becomes gripping. It is revealed that they are three personalities of the same woman, Ashley, who suffered from multiple personality disorder and had murdered the men mercilessly.
Later, it is revealed that Ashley had a traumatic childhood which caused her to create these identities. Ashley is represented by a lawyer friend of her father. The court finally accepts that it was Ashley’s condition that made her kill and orders psychiatric treatment. She gets treated in the hospital and regains sanity.
The book has revealed an episode in the life of a psychiatrically affected person. It gave me an insight into the lives of women experiencing wounding disturbances in their childhood. Infact, when I come across news about murders, especially when the charges are against a lady, I suspect whether the woman is really guilty. The book cast such an effect on me.
Model Answer II
● I have not read many books apart from my textbooks.
● Here, I would like to talk about a book, which my friend gifted me, and I read it all.
● I found this book very exciting and motivating and would like to read it again.
● This book is ‘The Wings of Fire’ by Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
● My friend got this book as a prize when she participated in a declamation contest
● It is Dr.Kalam’s autobiography.
● It was first published in 1999.
● This book became popular only after Dr. Kalam became the President of India.
● He was sworn in as the president of India on 25th July 2002.
● Mr. Arun Tiwari helped Dr. Kalam in writing the book.
● In this book, Dr. Kalam says why he wrote his autobiography.
● This book is very motivating.
● From this book I came to know all about the life and achievements of Dr. A.P.J.Abdul Kalam
● Dr. Kalam was born in a very poor family in the southern parts of India at
● The reason why I admire him is that his life shows how & ordinary boy from a deprived class (poor family) could reach the highest level of the nation.
● He became not only the best rocket engineer but also the first citizen of the nation.
● It is true that he described his post as the President as a piece of luck, but his achievement as a rocket engineer was because of sheer hard work.
● He is a role model for one and all.
● The success of Dr Kalam depended on the fact that he was willing to grow daily.
● He learned everything that comes to him and was always looking for things to learn.
● The real success of Dr.Kalam is in his application of the discipline, what he learned, in other fields also.
● That is why he could contribute to the making of the artificial limbs of lesser weight.
● In him, we find a person with an insatiable quest for knowledge & great love for suffering fellow beings.
● Unfortunately, we don’t have Dr. Kalam with us today, but he will live in the hearts of all Indians.
● I would like to read this book again because it is a very motivating book.
1. Do people in your country like to read books?
Yes, people of my country like to read books. There are bookshops in most towns and cities, which are all doing good business.
2. What kinds of books are most popular in your country?
All types of books are very popular. India is a diverse country. People have diverse tastes in everything, including reading.
3. Do you think reading is important?
Yes, reading is very important. It develops imagination and also develops language skills.
4. Do you think electronic books will eventually replace paper books?
Not completely, but to a large extent yes. Ebooks have a lot of advantages
Benefits of ebooks over traditional books
Easy to carry while traveling – eBooks allow you to bring a whole library with you wherever you go. You can switch between titles with ease and the weight is lighter than a standard paperback.
Need less storage space Those who own a lot of books know how much space they can take up, but with a reader, your bookshelf is located on a small handheld device, your computer or on both.
Less costly eBooks are often cheaper in the long run because there are no printing fees associated with them. In fact, you can often find free eBooks online, whereas physical books almost always cost you something. However, you have to spend one time on a reader, such as a kindle or any other tablet.
Immediate purchase When you buy an eBook, your reward is instantaneous. Whereas if you order a book online you have to wait for it to arrive before the fun begins.