March 1, 2020 at 12:20 pm / by PV
/ comments (0)
You should say:
- What the situation was?
- Who the person was?
- How you helped them?
- Explain how your felt after helping them?
- Man is a social animal.
- We all have to give and receive help from others many times.
- Here I am going to talk about a situation when I helped an accident victim.
- It so happened that I was going to Ludhiana last month to attend a wedding.
- On the way there is a petrol pump.
- We saw that a lady was lying on the side and there was a lot of blood from her head.
- This accident had just happened 2 minutes before.
- She and her husband were on a scooter and as they were coming out of the petrol pump a speeding car hit them and sped away.
- We parked our car on the side and came out to see if we could help.
- Her husband had minor injuries but she was in a bad shape.
- We immediately called 108 for help.
- It is the number of free ambulance run by the government.
- Within fifteen minutes the ambulance was there.
- We did not move the lady because it could aggravate her injury.
- She was breathing properly but had a lot of pain.
- There was a first aid team headed by a doctor in the ambulance.
- The ambulance people picked her very carefully on a stretcher and immediately rushed her to Phillaur Civil Hospital.
- We took the number of other relatives of the patient from her husband and called them.
- Actually he was also very shocked because of his wife’s condition.
- We took him to the Phillaur hospital in our car.
- Only after they were settled, we moved on.
- We were late for the wedding but we were happy that we could help some needy people.
- Do you like helping others?
Yes, I like helping others. I feel very happy when I can be of any help to anyone. Whenever any person comes to me for help, I do my best to help that person
- In your view should children be taught to help others?
Yes, children student should be taught to help others. They should be made to realize that if today they will help others, then tomorrow they will get help if they need help.
- How can we encourage children to help others?
We can encourage children to help others by setting an example. If they see their elders helping others they will automatically learn to help others.
- Do you think people are less willing to help others these days compared to the past?
Yes, I think so. Today’s life is very fast. People have become workaholics. They have become self centered. They have no time to help others.
- Do people trust others as much as they used to in the past?
No, I do not think so. My parents and grandparents tell me that life was simpler and slower in the past. People trusted each other. Today, it is very difficult to find people whom you can trust.
- How do people in your community help one another?
People in my community help each other in whatever way they can. Some people help by giving money and some people help by giving their time.
- How do students such as high school students help each other?
Students help each other by sharing notes. Some help each other by sharing their conveyance.
- How can charitable organizations help people?
Charitable organizations help people in many ways. They help by giving money or by teaching people some skills which can help them to earn a livelihood. For example, they open free sewing schools and free computer education centres.
- What are some examples of such organizations in your country?
Being humane is one organization run by Salman Khan. Then there are the Jaycees, The Lions and the Rotary club.
- What do you think are the benefits of having unpaid volunteer workers?
There are many benefits of having unpaid volunteer workers. Even with very little amount of funding a lot of people can be helped.
- How do you think the volunteers themselves benefit?
Volunteers themselves benefit in many ways. If today they help for free, then tomorrow they can get a paid job from the same network. They also will get an opportunity to sharpen their practical skills.
- Should professionals be hired rather than using volunteer workers?
It depends on the work. For example, if free eye surgeries have to be done then it is better to hire professionals. Otherwise voluntary workers can serve the purpose.
- Do you think international aid, for example from my national government to another is important?
Yes, I think it is very important. It develops good relations between countries. But I think instead of giving direct financial aid, the wealthy countries should aim to provide jobs and other facilities to the poor countries.